As an Offshore Geophysicist you will be responsible for the interpretation and reporting of a wide range of geophysical data through to product despatch. This will involve close collaboration with a team of geoscientists from across the company.
Project types range from traditional site survey work to large scale offshore renewable developments. These can include specific surveys aimed at potential UXO threats, or cable route aspects of large developments. As well as data acquired by our vessels, we also carry out interpretation and reporting of third-party datasets from group companies and elsewhere.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree or higher in a related technical discipline
- An ability to work under tight deadlines to exacting standards
- Exposure of industry standard software packages such as IHS Kingdom and SonarWiz
- Experience of the wider survey industry
- A proven record of being a good communicator at all levels, including technical report collation